Opening September 27th, 2008 from 2-5pm
In ‘Habitat Machines’ David Trautrimas’ photo based architecture explores the construct of home with a series of residential buildings born of everyday objects. From Art Deco coffee pots to the Constructivist grid pattern on an old bathroom scale, Trautrimas searches for source materials which allude to a greater architectural doctrine usually unnoticed in these machines. Then, by dramatic distortion of scale and context, elements of these objects are meticulously re-assembled into strikingly original structures that are paradoxically familiar by virtue of their origins.
Trautrimas was the recipient of the Ontario College of Art and Design Printmaking Medal in 2003 and has appeared in the Framework Foundation Auction as well as the Casey House Art for Heart Auction. His work has appeared and been reviewed in numerous magazines and books including Descant, EnRoute, Report on Business and The National Post and the Globe and Mail. Catalogue available by request.
- Coffee Pot TowersDavid Trautrimas
- Electric Razor CooperativeDavid Trautrimas
- Hole Punch FlatsDavid Trautrimas
- Iron ApartmentsDavid Trautrimas
- Oil Can ResidenceDavid Trautrimas
- Space Heater PlaceDavid Trautrimas
- Sprinkler HouseDavid Trautrimas
- Stand Mixer MewsDavid Trautrimas
- The Measurement DistrictDavid Trautrimas
- Vacuum TowersDavid Trautrimas
- Waffle Iron HeightsDavid Trautrimas