The Invariant Set
Anna Pantchev & James Gauvreau
Opening October 9th, 2009 from 7-10pm
The Invariant Set Postulate is a proposed new physical law describing the universe through a geometrical framework that, in its simplest form, is timeless and fractilian. The Invariant Set uses this framework to describe and differentiate between the reality and the unreality of our universe and squarely defines both as rigid and unchanging. It is through the fields of theoretical physics and its applications that a whole new universe of knowledge has opened up which coincides with contemporary emergences of geometric abstract figurations in art.
Anna Pantchev and James Gauvreau have developed a process-heavy body of work exploring these and other concepts of cosmology such as lambda and spirituality, reflecting on our ever shifting perception of the universe and it’s origins. Independently, James, a street and installation artist and Anna, a painter, have been developing separate yet overlapping artistic practices, finding common ground in both the conceptual and aesthetic realms. Together, they have taken on The Invariant Set as both the name of this show and as their collective name for any future collaborations.
- A New and Glorious Dawn AwaitsAnna Pantchev & James Gauvreau
- Classical Chaos in the Quantum WorldAnna Pantchev & James Gauvreau
- Heat DeathAnna Pantchev & James Gauvreau
- Invariant Set MultipleAnna Pantchev & James Gauvreau
- The God ParticleAnna Pantchev & James Gauvreau
- UntitledAnna Pantchev & James Gauvreau
- Venus of the PalaisAnna Pantchev & James Gauvreau