Don’t Be Sentimental
Opening October 7th, 2011 from 7-10pm
Don’t Be Sentimental, Sarah Clifford-Rashotte’s fourth solo show at LE Gallery, features drawings as well as photo and text-based works that explore the desire and disgust associated with romanticizing experience. Her new work addresses female identity, reconstructed memories and the poetic. She has evolved a distinct visual vocabulary that is at once personally descriptive, while at the same time, representative of an archetypal struggle for self-preservation and obliteration. In early 2012, she will be releasing her second publication, “Book of some Poems” a collection of text-based pieces and writing. Currently, Sarah has a new billboard text piece featured in the Art Moves Festival in Torun, Poland.
Don’t Be Sentimental, marks Clifford-Rashotte’s fourth solo exhibition with LE Gallery, since receiving her Masters degree, from London’s prestigious Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design.
- Back of Your BrainSarah Clifford-Rashotte
- CherrySarah Clifford-Rashotte
- CR Poem 1Sarah Clifford-Rashotte
- Family Portrait 2Sarah Clifford-Rashotte
- Hi PalmerSarah Clifford-Rashotte
- LindsaySarah Clifford-Rashotte
- Ocean TearsSarah Clifford-Rashotte
- Pile of BlondesSarah Clifford-Rashotte
- Pond SongSarah Clifford-Rashotte
- Rabbit GraveSarah Clifford-Rashotte
- Without HystericsSarah Clifford-Rashotte