Half of Less Than Ten
Opening April 5th, 2012 from 6-9pm
Nedham’s new body of work Half of Less Than Ten begins at the end. Inspired by Napoleon’s love letters to his wife Josephine, this show imagines monuments which explore the impassioned and often dubious ambition driving the conquest of the body. Only in death, in trying to put a body back together, can we arrive at these irreducible artifacts which aim to hold onto and unravel these narratives. Borrowing from the histories of colonialism, hagiography, anthropology, and phrenology new types of reliquaries are constructed. These stand as monumental love letters that seek to construct a pathology of desire.
Known for her intricate graphite works on paper, Nedham continues to explore the act of drawing as the focus of her artistic practice, and marks her third solo exhibition as a LE Gallery artist.
- a virile and decisive characterAmanda Nedham
- Half of Less Than Ten IAmanda Nedham
- Half of Less Than Ten IIAmanda Nedham
- Half of Less Than Ten IIIAmanda Nedham
- Half of Less Than Ten IVAmanda Nedham
- Half of Less Than Ten VAmanda Nedham
- Half of Less Than Ten VIAmanda Nedham
- Half of Less Than Ten VIIAmanda Nedham
- Lace and GossamerAmanda Nedham