Opening March 14th, 2014 from 6-9pm
Knife Play marks Rebecca Fin Simonetti’s debut solo exhibition with LE Gallery. The work making up Knife Play provides a glimpse into Fin Simonetti’s grappling with the world of girlhood – the secret epistemology, the subtle magic realism and personal psychedelia of the internal realm. Fin Simonetti explores these concepts through a variety of materials and approaches, melding labourious red ink on paper drawings, taxidermy specimens, installations incorporating light, colour, sound, glass, and her video/sound compositions. Multi-disciplinary, Fin Simonetti has developed a following for her unique and critical exploration of themes in many arenas, bringing them together for Knife Play.
Fin Simonetti is a graduate of OCADU. The work of Fin Simonetti has been featured in exhibitions locally, and internationally, as well as frequent mentions and profiles on major internet sources. Recently, work was included in Age of Consent, curated by Tania Linz for the Doris McCarthy Gallery, as well, ANIN, a recent sound/video work was featured by French culture magazine Purple.
- Falcon YardRebecca Fin Simonetti
- Knife Play (installation shot 1)Rebecca Fin Simonetti
- Knife Play (installation shot 2)Rebecca Fin Simonetti
- Knife Play (installation shot 3)Rebecca Fin Simonetti
- RevelationRebecca Fin Simonetti
- Rose WindowRebecca Fin Simonetti
- The IndexRebecca Fin Simonetti
- The Last JudgementRebecca Fin Simonetti
- VioletRebecca Fin Simonetti